Thursday, August 15, 2013

Anna and the French Kiss


As you know I recently purchased Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins after a long time of searching, and I loved it!  The whole time I was reading it, I did not want to put it down! Sorry for all of the exclamation marks but I really really REALLY liked the book.  Although I love this book to pieces all of those pieces were not perfect.  Like all books, this one had its faults.  I found this book a little predictable, but then again aren't all love stories.


Anna and the French Kiss is about Anna, a girl whose father ships her off to a Paris boarding school for her senior year.  While at the School of America in Paris she befriends "English French American Masterpiece" Étienne St. Clair.  The only problem... he has a girlfriend and she sort of has a boyfriend.  And that is all I'm saying before the spoiler-y parts so SHOO! Go read this book right now and come back, because it's definitely an amazing read.



SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK!

If you haven't read this book and you are still reading this post prepare to be spoiled.  You have been fairly warned.


I totally knew that Bridgette and Toph were going to do that to Anna! Maybe it was because I recently read the Carrie Diaries but I expected that to happen and going into that scene I thought, "Oh! Anna I'm sooo sorry.  This is gonna suck."  I love that in the end Bridgette and Anna make up though.


One thing I'm not sure about!  Did St. Clair break-up with Ellie because of Anna or because of other issues and did Anna cause those issues.  Because if Anna stole St. Clair from Ellie whose to say someone won't steal St. Clair from her.  I mean yes they are really in love and he never felt that way for Ellie but whose to say someone else won't come along and steal St. Clair from Anna.  That is my only worry, since Anna stole St. Clair from Ellie won't someone steal him from Anna.  I know this won't happen because Anna and St. Clair are meant to end up together but in real life it's a valid concern.


I'm glad that Meredith is (sort of) over St. Clair now and a little sad that Josh and Rashmi break up.  And since I know Josh is a main character in the third book I really want to know what happens with Meredith and Rashmi's love lives.


When I was reading and it got to the bathroom fight and Isla was there I was like, "You totally have you're own book later, it's just not out yet."  I was so excited about meeting Isla before her book so you know a little bit about her.  Not much though.  I really didn't like Amanda, but every book has an "archenemy" and I'm glad that in the end it wasn't Bridgette.


I love the resolution with St. Clair's father, and how after a year of not really talking about it Anna just comes out with a solution.  The end when St. Clair goes up the steps of Notre-Dame because he sees Anna even though he's afraid of heights... (are other words needed? Really?! ok... so romantic!) I'm a killer for a good grand gesture.


As Atom Ant says, "Up and at 'em! Atom Ant!"
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment