Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon Wrap Up!

Helllllllllllloooooooo, and welcome to this Read-A-Thon Wrap-up!  Over the course of the Read-A-Thon I managed to complete Six books.  I thoroughly enjoyed all of these books even though half of them were re-reads.

To start off the Read-A-Thon I read, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (341 pages), the second novel in the famous Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.



I then took a short break from Harry Potter with The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George (448 pages), the first book in her new series Saratoga Woods.  This series is about a girl who can hear other people's thoughts and discovers that her step-father has murdered someone.  The first book follows her escape from her father and her new life as she desperately tries to contact her mother.



Following this I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (435 pages).  As I was reading this I found that I knew everything that would happen, unlike when I re-read the first and second books.



My next book was A Hint of Frost by Hailey Edwards (256 pages), the first in her Araneae Nation series.  It follows a girl who becomes clan leader, after her mother has been poisoned, on her quest for revenge.



After that I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (734 pages) for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised that the movie did not spoil everything for me.  I enjoyed it very much, especially towards the end when the action started to pick up.



Lastly I read the second book in the Araneae Nation series, A Feast of Souls by Hailey Edwards (340 pages).


With that my page total is :  2,554 pages!!!!!!!  Another thing to note is that I read every single one of these books on my Kindle, which is a first for me.

As Bam-Bam says, "Bam Bam!" And now I must leave you all to clean up the mess Bam-Bam made.  Be back with an update on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment