Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Romeo and Juliet

I recently read The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet in school and even more recently read Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors, a retelling of the classic tale.  I found that although I appreciate Shakespeare's tale I love the happy ending Romeo and Juliet receive in Saving Juliet, as I personally prefer happy endings.  And saying this does not mean I don't appreciate Shakespeare or love his works any less I just am not a fan of sad endings which is what tragedies are.  Anywho,  reading these books reminded of a funny YouTube video that I wanted to share about Romeo and Juliet, more particularly Juliet.  This video puts a happy ending on the tale and does criticize some of the choices characters make so if you don't want your view of Shakespeare shattered don't watch it.  If you have ignored my warning and wish to watch the video here it is, enjoy!



Ending today with a quote from the Flintstones, "Yabba Dabba Doooo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment