Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


I recently decided to finish the Harry Potter series and just finished the fourth book in the series: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  This books was funny, action-packed, sad, and magical; it's the full package.  I don't think I need to add a summary of this book since it's so popular, but I'll put a brief one for those of you who don't know.  The Harry Potter series is about a young boy that finds out he is a wizard and is sent to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  The fourth book is about Harry's fourth year at Hogwarts and the competition for the Tri-Wizard Cup.  Warning: This book includes a dangerous evil lord, an undercover teacher, a jealous best friend, and murder.



SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK! SPOILERS! CONTINUE SCROLLING IF YOU READ THE BOOK!

If you have not read Harry Potter and are still reading this post I ask you to please go read it then come back because Harry Potter is a really enjoyable series. 


One of my favorite things about Harry Potter is that it makes me laugh.  In the beginning of the novel when Ron invites Harry to the Quidditch World Cup he says in his letter, "If they say yes, send Pig back with your answer pronto, and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday.  If they say no, send Pig back pronto and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday anyway."  What a good friend: "You're parents said no? I'll be there in five minutes."  Even better is when Harry sends his reply and simply says, "The Muggles say I can come."  The Muggles, I love it. 


Another example of J. K. Rowling's humor is when Harry recieves a letter from his god-father Sirius Black reminding him to be careful and keep an eye out for suspicious behavior.  Harry's immediate thought after receiving this letter is, "You'd think I walk around with my eyes shut, banging off the walls." I then proceeded to picture that and couldn't help but laugh.


It was so sad when Cedric died.  I mean I knew it was coming because I remembered that from the movie but it was still really sad.  I thought it was really cool that when Harry and Voldemort faced off and their wands connected that Cedric's "echo" came out of the wand and Harry's parents.  I love that in each book not only do we learn more about Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and the others at Hogwarts but we learn more about Harry's parents too.


I was really disappointed that there was no mention that Mr. Crouch's and his son had the same name until after you found out about Barty Jr. using the Polyjuice Potion.  I remembered that from the movie so I was specifically looking to see if they mentioned Mr. Crouch's son by name ever and they don't.  I would've liked if you knew they had the same name because Harry saw Mr. Crouch on the Marauder's Map... oh well.


Overall, a great book and I'm so glad I decided to finish this series.  Can't wait to read the fifth book!


Talk to you next Tuesday, "Muttley!!!!!! Dooooooo Somethiiiinnnnggg!!!"

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment