Monday, January 13, 2014

13 Books I Wish I Read in 2013

Now I'm going to list 13 books that I wish I read in 2013, these books are only the tip of the iceberg.  There are so many books that look absolutely amazing and I really wish I could read them all!



Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier.  This book is about a girl whose family carries a gene for time travel, and her cousin has been preparing her whole life to time travel.  The trick is that Gwyneth has the time traveling gene not her cousin, and no one believes her.




Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes follows four different points of view; an heir, a princess, a rebel, and a sorceress.  It looks really good, click the picture to read the blurb.




Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, is about a fangirl!  I'm really excited to read about this book, because, like many other book readers, I'm a fangirl.  This one is about a Simon Snow fan going off to college and being forced into the real world.




Insurgent by Veronica Roth (how have I not read this?).  I read Divergent in 2013, and started Insurgent but I never finished it.  By the time this is posted, I'll probably have read it but I wish I read it sooner!




Cinder by Marissa Meyer, is a re-telling of Cinderella with cyborgs.  I've read other stories by this author that I enjoyed so I really want to read this one.




The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.  I'm not too sure what this is about, but I think it has a girl whose mother is a seer and one day the girl sees a spirit.  Her mother has told her that non-seers only see spirits if it's their true love or if they killed them.  It seems very interesting but one of my friends read it and didn't really like it.




The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  World War II.  Girl who steals books.  I want to read.




Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken.  The second book in the Darkest Minds series, I own this book on kindle but it's over 500 pages so I was really intimidated to read it.




The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima.  I didn't really find out about this until the end of 2013, but it seems really cool.  It sounds like Wendy Wu Homecoming Warrior, where one day the main character forgets to take his daily vitamin and he gets stronger, fiercer, and more confident until he nearly kills someone...




Every Day by David Levithan.  This is about a boy who wakes up in a different body everyday, and one day he falls in love.




Vicious by V. E. Schwab.  So many people on BookTube have been raving about this book, and I have wanted to read it for so long.  Its about two best friends turned arch-enemies and their story of how they gained super powers and how they became enemies.




Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.  This book is about a boy, Cas, who hunts ghosts.  One day he comes across an extremely violent and vengeful ghost who kills everyone that steps onto her property, but she spares Cas.




Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  This is about a female assassin, who is competing to become the champion of Prince Dorian, when suddenly the other contestants are being murdered.


I really wish I read all of these books, and some of them I now own and I'm planning to read in 2014.  If you click on the pictures it will take you to the book's GoodReads page.  I can't wait to read these books.  What are some book you wish you read last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment