Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Daily Distractions - Music

You may not know this but I have a huge obsession with music.  There's nothing like a good song to get lost in while you read, but sometimes that very song can be what distracts you from reading.  Sometimes when I really like a song, I can't help but sing and dance along and then I get completely distracted from what I'm reading.  Music is one of the many joys of life and I don't know what I would do without it.  I spend lots of my time listening to music and am constantly open to learning about new bands.  Comment with any suggestions! This is my favorite bands and songs in no particular order (because I'm indecisive).

Bands/Singers:

One Direction- World famous British boy band, and I must say I'm a fan. They're adorable, and their music is upbeat and fun to listen to.
















Little Mix- A British girl band! Their songs are really empowering, especially for girls and women, and their voices are amazing.






Bastille- What to say about Bastille? Bastille could easily be my favorite band; ever. Their music is absolutely amazing, and its so meaningful. I feel like every single one s their songs has an underlying meaning, and that makes me love each song even more. If you've never heard of them, go check them out now. I recommend "Of the Night", "Pompeii", "The Weight of Living, Pt. II" (or Pt. I), "What Would You Do", and any other song of theirs. 


















Ed Sheeran- Ed Sheeran also has really meaningful music, but his songs aren't as fast paced. They're really great and you should definitely check him out if you haven't already.












Selena Gomez- I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of Selena Gomez, she's a great singer and actress. I've loved her ever since she was Alex on Wizards of Waverley Place, and I own every single one of her albums. I feel like I've grown up with her, even though I'm still in high school! She's really great, and her music is really upbeat.















Coldplay- Coldplay has great music, my whole family loves Coldplay. Some of my favorites are "Yellow", "Christmas Lights", and "Viva La Vida".















Imagine Dragons- I found out about Imagine Dragons last year through one of my dance teachers, and I fell in love with their music. The first song of theirs I listened to was "Demons" and I was hooked, that night I looked up the rest of their album and downloaded it immediately.












Marina and the Diamonds- Marina and the Diamonds is an alternative singer, and she has a really great sound to all of her music. I really like listening to her songs, and her voice is amazing!











Songs:

Black & Gold - Sam Sparro




Counting Stars - OneRepublic




Oh Darling - Plug In Stereo




Dancing With Tears In My Eyes - Ke$ha 




Good Morning Sunshine - Alex Day





Dirty Night Clowns - Chris Garneau




Gold Forever - The Wanted




Coming Back Down - Hollywood Undead




Honey, Let Me Sing You A Song - Matt Hires




I'll Make A Man Out of You - Mulan




Love is on the Radio - Carrie Hope Fletcher (This isn't one of her original songs, but I really like this version of the song she performs with her brother)




In addition to the songs I specifically selected, I love any and every song from the artists above. I just wanted to single out some other songs that I enjoy listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment